Natural treatment for Herpes?

What medications are you using to manage herpes symptoms?

Natural treatment for Herpes?

Postby rainbow21 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:59 am

I believe there is evidence that some prescription medicines can have harmful complications in contrast to the favorable effects that natural cure for herpes can offer to a patient. As a person live with herpes, I am interested to try this natural method. Any suggestion?
rainbow21

Re: Natural treatment for Herpes?

Postby half_full » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:43 pm

The only thing that has worked for me is valacyclovir/Valtrex, which I've been taking for a couple of years, but I did find that witch hazel was a little bit soothing during an outbreak and it is an astringent so it could maybe help to dry up sores a little (it didn't have any effect on duration).
The glass is not half empty, it's half full.
half_full
Rock Steady

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 pm

In the past, I've taken Valtrex also without any complications or side effects. I've only had one major outbreak (which led to the original diagnosis), but over the past 4 years, I've had fewer than 6 flareups down there. The flareup was no more bothersome than a mosquito bite, so I currently take nothing at all since herpes has nil effect on me physically.
Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off. ~Ellen DeGeneres
Elizabeth
Amazon Blonde

Postby Yoshi2me » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 am

The only thing that has ever worked for me is a clinically proven herpes antiVIRAL medicine.
It is what it is. Site|Blog
Yoshi2me
Full of Hot Air

Postby Blue1980! » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:29 pm

antiVIRAL meds quickly help heal up my outbreaks but... it dries and breaks my hair off :cry: so I try NOT to use it unless it's unbreable. Luckily I haven't had a major outbreak since November it goes away in 4 days. :grin:

But I use Aloe Vera for sunburns... They say not to use on blisters but I feel a relief when I apply it instantly and it helps dry and shrink quicker. Also Sea breeze and witch hazel helps a ton! I wouldn't suggest putting anything like vasaline or lub based or it could make it worst and spread
Blue1980!
Verbal

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:09 am

Vaseline or other lubricants do not cause the virus to spread.
The key is to keep the area dry, so creams and lubricants aren't necessarily recommended.
Others in the forum have also reported good results with Witch Hazel, but it's not something I've personally ever wanted to try.
Proven antivirals can and do work for most people.
Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off. ~Ellen DeGeneres
Elizabeth
Amazon Blonde

Postby hellohello » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm still experimenting bc it's different for everyone. I've read that liquid stabilized oxygen helps since viruses cannot live in an oxygenated environment. Cayenne pepper, olive leaf extract, st johns wort, ginseng. Also oils that are put on the base of the spine when the virus is latent (it hides in the nerves there). I've read that oil of oregano rubbed there twice a day while taking pills internally can cure the virus since it would literally have nowhere to hide. I read it could be very dangerous to injest oils so I am going to try that on my spine along with thieves oil ( mix of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, lemon, and rosemary oils) at diff times throughout the day while taking internally olive leaf extract, cayenne, ginseng, and oxygen. Make sure you Google the details on these in regards to dosing, different strengths, brands etc. One brand may not be potent enough and will not work while a diff brand could be a miracle worker. I recommend amazon.com its cheap and many of these supplements have plenty of customer reviews to go off of. Please let me know if anything I mentioned helps! I will update on what winds up working for me.
hellohello

Return to Treating Herpes